(Wednesday, July 8, 2015) – Severe conditions in the mid-north Atlantic have continued to punish the bulk of the fleet in the Transatlantic Race 2015.
Yesterday Daniel and Gretchen Biemesderfer made the decision to retire from the race after their Mason 43 Shearwater suffered mainsail and rigging damage. She is heading for the Azores. Similarly, just before midnight UTC, Carter Bacon’s Nielsen 50 Solution sustained damage to her rudder and was taking on water. She becomes the sixth boat in the Transatlantic Race to retire and is now diverting to the Azores, albeit without electronics, which went down in a previous deluge.
Blogs from the Boats
- 2019 Corrected Finish Times
- Finish Photo Gallery
- SHK Scallywag finish photos
- Wind Conditions Enroute
- Photo Galleries
- Tracking & Media Information Sheet
- TR2019 Sat Phone List
- TR2019 Competitor Bulletin #5
- Final Sailing Instructions
- Scratch Sheet
- Yacht Club Trophy Entry List
- Social Ticket Reservation Form
- Notice of Race Incorporating Amendements 1 & 2